The Mag-Bind® Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ 96 Kit is designed for the isolation of high-quality genomic DNA from blood samples, saliva, swabs, mouse tails, dried blood spots, or cultured cells. Mag-Bind® Particles HDQ provides a fast magnetic response time that reduces overall processing time. This system combines the reversible nucleic acid binding properties of Mag-Bind® paramagnetic particles with Omega Bio-Tek’s blood and tissue DNA isolation systems.
The use of paramagnetic particles provides high-quality DNA that is suitable for direct use in most downstream applications, such as next-generation sequencing, qPCR, PCR, and microarrays. The Mag-Bind Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ 96 Kit is expandable to process 1 mL whole blood samples.
For larger volumes, the Mag-Bind® Blood DNA HV Kit can be used.
- Safe: no organic solvents.
- Compatible with the Genotek DNA Preservation System
- Compatible with the Mawi swab DNA Preservation System
- High quality: Purified DNA suitable for downstream applications such as next-generation sequencing, qPCR, PCR, and microarrays
The protocols are available for the following automated platforms:
- Hamilton Microlab® STAR
- Hamilton Microlab® NIMBUS
- KingFisher™, BioSprint® and MagMAX® 96
Starting amount: 100-250 μL of blood samples, saliva, swabs, mouse tails, dried blood spots, or 5 x 106 cultured cells.
Elution volume: 50-200 µL
Technology: magnetic beads
Processing mode: Automated, Manual
Yield: 8 – 384
Note: Downstream applications: NGS, qPCR, microarray